Thursday, April 14, 2011

college ships. (how to not wreck them)



Jarrett and Denia (2009)






#ishouldprobablybethelastpersonpostingthisbut....

Here's a list of things I feel can help you if you're in a relationship and trying to make it work in college.

1) realize you don't have to be in one.-

Hello, dude. You're AT YOUR PRIME. If you don't want to be commited to anyone, save you and the other person some time and don't be in a relationship! This is probably the most important bullet point in this post.


2) After you commit to a relationshipLet these dudes/ladies KNOW what's up-

you're always going to have to deal with meddlers ready to break up something good just to say they did it.


3)Send lovey-dovey random text messages

JUST DO IT! I love them.


4) Surround yourself with mutual friends + those that support the union

I cope with this a lot since I am in college and my boyfriend is not. Because of this, it is imperative that I engage him with my friends for multiple reasons. 1) So my friends won't try to get me to talk to other guys when I'm out without my BF, and 2) They will see how awesome he is and be jealous (kidding). No but seriously, you don't need friends whispering in your ear telling you that you don't need to be in a relationship, if you want to be in one.


5)Start new things together.


Get a puppy. Create a business plan. Ride a new roller coaster. Cowrite a book. Find a common ground and embark ona new journey together. Engage in activities that will teach you more about each other and you will learn so much about the type of person you're dealing with, and ultimately discover if the relationship is something work investing in.


TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE






READER QUESTION: How do you cope with your college relationships? Or do you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails