Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Rockette? Wow.




I found this little Betsey Interview: Enjoy!

**The Fashion Informer’s Lauren David Peden caught up with the effervescent grandmother of two on the eve of her New York Fashion Week Spring 2009 show to dish on her childhood dreams, favorite movies and vegetable-induced crying jags.**




What is your favorite time of day (and why)?

7:30 in the morning when I run downstairs to visit my two granddaughters.
What's in current rotation on your iPod?

I don’t use an iPod. I threw three of them out the window and don’t have one now. It’s a shame. Maybe in my next life I’ll use one. 



You consistently play some the best fashion show music I've ever heard; how do you choose which songs to include in a show?

We work with a great DJ, Rene Goulet, and it’s a fun collaboration that revolves around the theme of each show. He leads the way and I throw some favorites and oldies in there.

When you were 9 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A Rockette.

What's your favorite movie of all time?

“The Women” for the fashion, “Blade Runner” for the early futurist, “Easy Rider” because the girls wore my clothes in it. Anything with Cary Grant and Brigitte Bardot.

What is your idea of a perfect meal?

Fresh fish.

You celebrated your 40th anniversary in the business last month (August); what one piece of advice would you impart to your younger self if you had the chance?

Always stick to your guns no matter what. 


Tell me about your pet(s).

Lucy’s like my little girlfriend. She’s the friendliest, sweetest Maltese you’ll ever meet.

What's the best thing about being a grandma?

Seeing the grandkids every day.



What would you like to be doing if you weren't a designer?

A Rockette, an interior decorator or a florist.

Beverage of choice?

Champagne.



Brunch: pro or con?

I never eat brunch.

If you found $15,000 cash in a brown paper bag, how would you spend it?

I’d give it to my favorite breast cancer charity, the NBCFF. 



What never fails to make you cry?

When I cut onions. 



When are you happiest?

When I’m with my lover, and when I’m with my family.

Interview Source: The Fashion Informer

So what stood out to me the most about this interview was the fact that...

WOW--She wanted to be a rockette?!




What are Rockettes?

Precision dance company based in Manhattan, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails